ROLE: Head of Partner Acquisition – Shell, Make the Future Live
REPORTS TO: Programme Director
- Full time role with flexibility
- Competitive salary
- London (BDS office Farringdon – Shell Centre near Waterloo) / Home based
- International travel – occasional. Estimated total 4 weeks per annum.
BDS Sponsorship is one of Europe’s leading sponsorship agencies, whose experience dates back to the early days of the industry. We work with major rights holders/sponsor seekers from a broad range of areas, including entertainment, art, public sector, education, sport, digital, venues and the environment.
Our services include: Sponsorship Strategy Development, Account Management, Sponsorship Activation and Sponsorship Sales.
PROGRAMME OVERVIEW: MAKE THE FUTURE LIVE
Make the Future Live is a global platform focused on delivering transformative collaboration in the energy transition, bringing together brilliant minds to share ideas, combine resources and work together to drive progress towards a lower-carbon world. Through a series of live events, complemented and amplified through an influential digital eco-system, the programme has two core components:
- Shell Eco-marathon: An international competition for over 10,000 of the best engineering and technology students to design, build and race the world’s most super energy-efficient vehicles. In 2019, the competition attracted over 500 teams from 700 universities and over 50 countries, including many of the world’s top Engineering Universities.
- Energy Summits: Bringing together more than 500 thought-leaders, academics, government officials and innovators from across the globe to debate, collaborate and drive progress towards a lower-carbon world.
In 2020, the Make the Future Live events will be in California (April), Kuala Lumpur (June), London (July), Beijing (Sept), Rio de Janeiro (Oct) and Johannesburg (Sept). The tier 1 regional events involving attendance of the Account Director will be those in California, Kuala Lumpur and London.
THE ROLE – SUMMARY
- Lead new partner acquisition across a tiered model delivering maximum tangible business value for both Shell and partners, incorporating:
- Securing strategic long term, high value partnerships forming a strategic coalition of like-minded organisations united by the common goal of driving progress towards a low carbon future.
- Acquisition of global tier 2 supplier partners and local/regional partners.
- Work with the Programme Director and Senior Sustainability Advisor to ensure the team delivers against ambitious financial targets.
- Lead and manage partner acquisition to meet and exceed financial and non-financial targets.
- Work with the Programme Director and Senior Sustainability Advisor to refine and align partner acquisition priorities and strategy.
- Drive momentum in the partnership development funnel leveraging the partner prospect pipeline to deliver 2020-2022 targets.
- Work collaboratively to develop and deliver tailored partnership propositions for maximum mutual value creation for Shell and partners – from initial contact through to contract negotiation.
- Build exceptional relationships with decision makers in global international businesses.
- Regular reporting on pipeline and progress.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be willing to work outside of contracted hours occasionally and travel internationally.
- Proven track record of consistent delivery in a commercial, target driven role, preferably with a B2B focus.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience.
- Experience of building and managing a sales pipeline, overseeing the process from lead generation to negotiating and closing high value partnership deals.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying, valuing and taking to market unique and complex propositions.
- Proven experience of building long-term effective relationships with senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills – both written and oral, with an engaging style and stand-out ability to influence others.
- Highly professional, flexible, resilient and committed to going above and beyond the remit of the role to achieve and exceed targets
- Ability to convey passion for Shell’s Make the Future Live programme, the energy transition and the work that Shell is doing in driving towards a low carbon future.
- Global perspective/experience and willingness to work effectively across global regions – Europe, Asia and America.