What is ‘Commercialisation’?
Commercialisation is the term used to define the process of generating additional non-core income by, or for, a venue owner/operator. Commercialisation areas include:
- Telecom aerials, Mobile Apps, Wi-Fi and broadband rights
- Internet pods
- Car valet
- Specialty leasing (RMUs etc.)
- Breakdown services
- Voucher books
- Plasma Screens
- Kiddies rides
- Casual leasing
- Photo Booths
- Other new areas, as they come to market
BDS Sponsorship provides a total outsourcing solution for a large number of property and venue owners.
- Act as agents
- Identify potential partners
- Engage their interest and negotiate the best possible offer
- BDS have a wealth of detailed and ‘insider’ knowledge
- Advise on the merits of each offer
- Guarantee vs. total potential income vs. quality of service
- Facilitate the completion of contracts and implementation
Completed audits for clients such as Coventry City Council, Waltham Borough Council, Barnet Council and the Royal Borough of Kingston assessing both their existing advertising income and the advertising potential of other possible locations in those authorities. The reports identified which of these sites were appropriate for advertising, what type of advertising should be installed (including the size of the hoarding and whether it should be illuminated and / or scrolling), the likelihood of securing planning and potential income etc. The audits also identified sites where no income was being paid; and where access to the site was through land owned by the authority.
Outdoor advertising highlights
- Surveyed 233 Royal Mail sites and identified a significant level of additional from 50 locations.
- The Canal and River Trust more than tripled their advertising income
- Henderson signed leases with advertising contractors worth a seven figure sum.
- LAMDA, with just one site, signed an advertising contract worthin excess of £150,000 per annum.
Drink and Food suppliers
The Prudential invited BDS to advise them on how to increase the offers they and their agent had each separately received from Coca-Cola. Bds achieved a significant increase in the offer and additionally presence marketing monies.
BDS have on occasions tripled our clients income from soft drink suppliers
BDS have prepared and managed ATM tenders for clients such as Aviva.
Our Commercialisation clients have included:
- AL Marketing
- Arena & Convention Centre Liverpool
- Arena Plaza, Hungary
- Basildon Council
- Bexley Council
- Birmingham City
- Bolton Arena
- Brighton Centre
- Camden Council
- Crown Golf
- Edinburgh Leisure
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Glasgow Life
- Integrated Dental Holdings
- Lee Valley Regional Park
- Liverpool City Council
- Manchester City Council
- McArthur Glen
- Morley Fund Management
- Number One Piccadilly
- Peel Holdings
- Principle Hayley
- Punch Taverns
- Royal Borough of Kingston
- St Martins Property Corporation
- Waltham Forest Council
- Walsall Council